About Desert Sky Medical
Kristy is from St. George, Utah, marrying her high-school sweetheart. They have been married for over 22 years and have 2 children. Her family loves the outdoors and live an active life. They enjoy ATVing, hiking, biking, camping, and boating.
Kristy has competed in Ironman triathlons, bike racing, and marathons. She has a great understanding of the training and health that these competitions require.
Kristy’s mom lost her battle with breast cancer at an early age. This unfortunate event has helped her emphasize preventative health and disease prevention for her patients. She practices in primary care because she cares so much about helping people.
Kristy enjoys getting to know people and building relationships that last long after they leave the office.
- 15 years in Emergency Medicine
- 3 Years in Cardiology and Internal Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member of the American College of Cardiology and the Emergency Nursing Association
- Passed the TeamHealth Institute ECG Interpretation Course/Examination
- Attended the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science Heart failure management conference
- Member of the Nevada Nursing Association
- Awarded an academic Dan Mordecai scholarship from the Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders for my contribution to the nursing profession and my community
- Board Certification from American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Graduate: Master’s in Science and Nursing, UNLV Family Nurse Practitioner
- Undergraduate: Bachelorette from Southern Utah University
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
- NIH Stroke Scale